LULUSIMONSTUDIO recommends taking off all jewelry before using hand sanitizer or washing your hands. We love our products and want yours to keep looking like new. Hand sanitizer and harsh soaps may affect your jewelry so we recommend removing your bling before washing up!
What is LULUSIMONSTUDIO Jewelry Made of?
Our pieces are hand-crafted using a variety of high quality materials, including semi-precious stone, glass, resin, 14K gold, sterling silver and brass. Exact materials associated with each style may be listed on their product detail page.
Gold-Dipped Silver (Vermeil)
Sterling silver dipped in gold or plated is also known as vermeil. Regular gold-plated jewelry is not sterling silver under the gold, but a base metal such as brass or steel. To make gold dipped jewelry, a thin layer of gold adheres to the silver through an electroplating bath. It is a good option for those who like the look of gold but are working on a budget. The gold dip can wear off over time and tarnish. It is important to keep these pieces dry and away from perfumes, lotions and sweat. Those with high Ph skin will also have their gold dipped piece’s tarnish quicker. Below is a list of ways to prolong the life of your gold dipped jewelry:
- DO NOT LET YOUR GOLD DIPPED JEWELRY COME IN CONTACT WITH PERFUME, LOTION, HAIRSPRAY, SUNSCREEN, NAIL POLISH, OILS OR CHLORINE. REMOVE BEFORE USING ANY OF THESE ITEMS OR SIMILAR ITEMS.
- REMOVE BEFORE SWEATING, SWIMMING, SHOWERING OR HOT TUBS. KEEP GOLD DIPPED JEWELRY AS DRY AS POSSIBLE.
- GENTLE CLEAN WITH A SOFT JEWELRY CLOTH OR COTTON BALL AFTER EVERY USE.
- DON’T USE HARSH JEWELRY CLEANERS OR SOAPS TO CLEAN.
- AVOID SCRATCHES BY STORING IN THE ORIGINAL BOX AND AWAY FROM OTHER ITEMS.
Lightly polish each piece of jewelry after you wear it with a soft cotton cloth. For rings, try to remove them when you wash your hands that way the plating will not wear off. Store your jewelry in the pouch you received to protect it from getting scratched and keep the pouch in a sealed plastic baggie. Do not shower or go swimming with your jewelry.